Happy Saturday friends,
I thought before I get into today’s headlines, I would tell you a bit about myself.
I am a 20-year-old journalism student who loves the idea of blogging. Currently, I am in summer vacation from my two-year college degree, but I blog during the school year as well.
I blog about 2-4 times a week, depending on the headlines. I normally blog Monday and Wednesday evenings, and Saturdays. The reason for this is because I work on these days. I work as a receptionist, therefore I am always on the computer at my desk. My boss allows me to do homework at my desk, since I really only do a couple of tasks at work. Therefore homework usually keeps me busy, but I add blogging in there as ‘homework’ to be able to get the headlines out there, and to also keep in the know for myself.
As I have said before, I am obsessed with celebrities’ lifestyle. The fascination I have for Hollywood is undeniable, I am intrigued by what they say, how they live their lives, and so much more. It is not because they are famous that I love them, it is the very idea of fame that affects celebrities is what I love to investigate. This is why I have become a celebrity blogger, and hope to one day make a living out of reporting and investigating celebrities.
Now back to Hollywood,
Here is what is making headlines today,
- President Barack Obama and first lady, Michelle Obama had dinner with the Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge, Will and Kate, as well as Harry and Prince George. The presidential couple arrived in England Friday morning with a full schedule of U.K activities.
First, they were greeted by the Queen herself along with Prince Phillip.
This was then followed by a lunch date with Elizabeth and Phillip. The foursome drove up to Windsor Castle.
Here is where the Obama’s gave the Queen a special gift for her 90th birthday. The gift allegedly was a photo album filled with photographs of each time the Queen visited America.
Next on the agenda, a meeting and press conference with the Prime Minister, David Cameron. Here, Pres. Obama spoke on Brexit, being able to speak on his opinions, and how he believes England should stay in the EU.
After this press conference, the Obama’s took a stroll over to Kensington Palace for a dinner with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Will and Kate, and Prince Harry.
The Obamas even got to meet one of the newest additions to the royal family, Prince George, who got to stay up past his bedtime for the meeting. We know this because in the pictures taken, George is wearing pajamas and a white robe, in his ever-adorable way.
After putting George back in his bed, the couples enjoyed dinner and conversation.
Here is my favourite photo seen so far..
This photo is my favourite because there are not many private “mommy moments” photographed featuring Kate and George. She keeps her family life pretty private, so seeing this photo makes my heart warm. Though they are considered celebrities, they do not parade around with their children to be photographed like other celebrity royalty like Kim Kardashian or Katie Holmes. So this small moment is amazing to me.
The president is visiting the U.K. after talks in Saudi Arabia with Persian Gulf allies. On Thursday, the royals celebrated the Queen’s 90th birthday with public events and a private dinner held at Windsor Castle.
2. Time Magazine publishes its list of “Time 100,” where the magazine names the 100 most influential people in the world. This includes entertainers, scientists, politicians, humanitarians, etc. This year, the magazine published 6 different covers for the issue, with six different people on them. These faces include, Nicki Minaj, Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christine Largarde, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Priyanka Chopra.
Entertainers who made the list include,
Caitlyn Jenner, Activist and public speaker
Aziz Ansari, Comedian
Ronda Rousey, MMA fighter
Adele, Singer/song writer
Karlie Kloss, Supermodel
Kendrick Lamar, Rapper/song writer
Taraji P. Henson, Actress
Melissa McCarthy, Actress
Ariana Grande, Singer
Idris Elba, Actor
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Actress
Charlize Theron, Actress
Dwayne Johnson, Actor
Stephen Curry, NBA player
Gina Rodriguez, Actress
Usain Bolt, Olympic sprinter
Other famous names that popped up on the list are…..
Donald Trump, Politician (Republican, running in 2016 Presidential election)
Barack Obama, Current President of United States
Bernie Sanders, Politician (Democratic, running in 2016 Presidential election)
Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
Kim Jong Un, Political leader of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
But the list is not just about celebrities and entertainers, it also features those who are trying to make a difference in our world, including activists, environmentalists, scientists, and politicians.
I decided to read an article on one of the top 100, but not of a famous person or politican, but on someone who was an activist, environmentalist, etc.
- at 19 she lost her home, her country, her culture, and family. Her mother was murdered, and she had witnessed multiple male members of her family killed in mass murders.
- she herself has been kidnapped, sold and raped countless times by members of ISIS.
- Now 23, she travels the world, giving speeches and talks on the genocide being inflicted on her Yezidi people.
- fighting for the release of more than 3,000 women still held captive by ISIS.
That’s all for now friends, I’ll probably will be back a bit later in the evening for the rest of today’s headlines.