Prince’s cause of death was confirmed today….
Accidental overdose on fentanyl.
Fentanyl is a powerful opioid painkiller that is up to 50 times more potent than heroin, autopsy results reveal.
The 57-year-old legend died on April 21 at his Minneopolis-area estate.
The Toronto Star reports that it was not immediately clear whether Prince had a prescription or not, or how he obtained the drug.
Some are saying he suffered from intense knee and hip pain due to his high intensity performances.
The results raised the possibility that anyone who provided him the drug illegally could face criminal charges.
But let’s not think of that now, let’s allow fans to mourn this great loss to the music world.