NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE- Last night were the 2016 CMT Music Awards, where the country stars of the world are recognized for their musical talents.
I am here to tell you the best and worst moments of the night…
- Carrie Underwood performed her new single, “Church Bells.” At first, she was draped in a black, lacey gown that seemed to give the performance a spooky feel.
That was until her dressed was ripped away to reveal an even lacier black jumpsuit, and a choir came in the background to reveal a show stopping performance, that not only took us to school but also to church as well.
- Hosts Erin Andres and J.J Watt drove me nuts with their constant comments about how hot every country star is.
These two are well respected in the field of sports, and it seems a little demeaning to being only talk about the looks of country stars, but whatever I guess blame the writers.
- Little Big Town brought producer Pharrell to the show.
Pharell is producing their new album, in hopes to find them a fresh sound in the country world.
But why bring him?
I mean he looks a little out of place with his outfit, but I mean he isn’t the strangest person to show up to these awards so.
- “Video of the Year” went to Tim McGraw beating out a four-year streak by Carrie Underwood.
This award is the toughest out of the whole show, so congrats McGraw!
- Other performances included Cheap Trick and Pitbull.. bizarre right?
Other winners of the night included,
- CMT Social Superstar: Blake Shelton
- CMT Performance of the Year: Carrie Underwood, “Smoke Break.”
- Male Video of the Year: Thomas Rhett, “Die a Happy Man.”
- Group/Duo of the Year: Little Big Town, “Girl Crush.”
- Breakthrough Video of the Year: Chris Stapleton, “Fire Away.”
- Female Video of the Year: Carrie Underwood, “Smoke Break.”
Congrats to all the finalists and winners!