Surprising Kesha News, Fast 8 Gets A New Cast Member, and Jimmy Fallon Set To Host Next Golden Globes

Today is Tuesday, August 2 2016, and here is  what’s making headlines.

Some surprising news for Kesha fans.

The “Warrior” singer has filed to dismiss her sexual assault lawsuit against her producer, Dr. Luke in California, according to reports.

rs_1024x773-160522195005-1024.Kesha-Billboard-Music-Awards.tt.052216
Photo Source: 

Kesha filed a sexual assault lawsuit in 2014 against her long time producer, Dr. Luke.

Dr. Luke’s recording label, Kemosabe Records, signed Kesha when she was just 18.

Kesha claims Dr. Luke sexually abused, both physically and emotionally, her for over ten years.

Dr-Luke
Dr. Luke with Kesha in 2010. Photo Source: GETTY IMAGES.

It is important to know that even though she is dropping the California lawsuit, her New York one against Dr. Luke is still on-going.

“Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts,” the pop star’s counsel, Daniel Petrocelli, said in an official statement to E! News.

Petrocelli also told E! News the reason for the lawsuit drop, Kesha is back to work, delievering  “28” brand new songs for the Sony owned label, who she owes another four albums too, according to her contract.

Kesha is focused on getting back to work and has delivered 28 new songs to the record label. We have conveyed to Sony and the label Kesha’s strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible.”

Kesha took to Instagram to express how she is dealing with this decision.

She captioned the photo with this; “My fight continues. I need to get my music out. I have so much to say. This lawsuit is so heavy on my once free spirit, and I can only pray to one day feel that happiness again. I am continuing to fight for my rights in New York. Thank you for all your support. The support of my fans has been so beautiful and I’m so grateful for it. I’m Not sure where I would be without you all.”

Dr. Luke’s legal team broke their silence following the announcement as well, slamming Kesha for her “false and meritless” claims.

“If Kesha is voluntarily dismissing her claims in the California case, it is because she has no chance of winning them,” lawyer Christine Lepera said in a statement. “Earlier this year, she lost her meritless counterclaims against Dr. Luke in the New York Action. Recently, the California Court invited Dr. Luke and the other defendants to move to dismiss Kesha’s claims in that action. Kesha never should have brought her false and meritless claims against Dr. Luke in any court. Dr. Luke’s defamation and other claims against Kesha are still proceeding.”

This whole situation is honestly disgusting.

Dr. Luke and Sony should release Kesha, regardless of a “contract breach.”

She clearly does not want to work for Dr. Luke anymore due to her concern of her personal safety.

Since when did we treat artists like they were slaves to the contract?

I’ve seen stars switch contracts all the time, including Zayn Malik who left One Direction to go solo.

Dr. Luke has always adamantly denied any of Kesha’s allegations.

In other celebrity news, Jimmy Fallon has been announced by NBC to host the 2017 Golden Globes.

rs_1024x683-160802093345-1024.jimmy-fallon.8216
Photo Source: Art Streiber/NBC.

“The Tonight Show” host will once again take the reins next year for the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards, which will air live Sunday, Jan. 8 2017.

Fallon tweeted out the good news today, citing his excitement to host again.

“I’m so excited to be hosting The Golden Globes in January,” Fallon tweeted. “And I’m really looking forward to spending time with the Hollywood Foreign Press before Donald Trump has them all deported.”

Fallon hosted the Globes back in 2010.

In movie news, Scott Eastwood is set to have a role in the next “Fast & Furious” film, “Fast 8.”

rs_634x1024-160224123132-634-scott-eastwood-on-set-france-overdrive-movie-022416
Photo Source: Crystal/PacificCoastNews.

On the red carpet for “Suicide Squad” in New York, Eastwood expressed his gratitude for getting to be apart of the “Furious” family, and his friendship with the film’s star, the late Paul Walker.

Paul was one of my best friends and to add to his story, to be a part of his family and all the great people and cast that are there, it’s like a dream come true,” Eastwood said.

Eastwood also gossiped about his excitement to work with newcomer Charlize Theron as well, saying she is “fantastic” and “amazing” as an actress.

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s